In order to disseminate the reading culture throughout the country, the key objectives of our project also including all our stakeholders, are as follows:
- To support and improve the capacity of NGOs, activists and volunteers working in the field of reading culture to strengthen the change they created in their region
- Enhancing the good examples and spreading them across Turkey
- Supporting NGO’s for taking an active role in decision-making process and for their involvement in creation of reading culture policies
- To announce all activities, communication and social networks through the web page of the platform and also via the guides to be prepared throughout the project
- To establish a library with publications on reading culture
- To inform the society by organizing conversations and meetings with experts in their fields
Books in Turkey by Numbers
Number of Books per Person (2018)
Number of Books with a New Title (2018)
Total Number of Books Published (2018)
The 3rd OKUYAY Meeting themed “first reading books’ influence on reading culture” was held in our project office on July...
OKUYAY Platform’s United Kingdom business visit was realised during an organisation of our project partner Kingston University between 1-4 July....
We held our 2nd OKUYAY Meeting titled “The Influence of Children’s Picture Books on Reading Culture” in our Taksim office....